Domestic Violence Assistance and Support
The University Heights Police Department’s response to incidents of domestic abuse and violations of related court orders stresses the enforcement of the law to protect the victim. Domestic abuse is criminal behavior. It is also the policy of this department to facilitate victims’ and offenders’ access to appropriate civil remedies and community resources whenever feasible.
The University Heights Police Department is committed to providing guidance and assistance to the victims and witnesses of crime. The members of the University Heights Police Department will show compassion and understanding for victims and witnesses and will make reasonable efforts to provide support and information.
Want to be notified when an offender is released?
Utilize the Iowa VINE system. The VINE service provides information by phone, email, TTY, and text message where available. You may also sign up through your participating state, or county’s toll-free number.
- Victim Resources - Johnson County Attorney
- Rape Victim Advocacy Program
- For counseling contact the Rape Victim’s Advocacy Program (RVAP) at 335.6001 or the RVAP 24-Hour Crisis Line at 335.6000.
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Department of Justice Resources for Domestic Violence
- Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault